Dennis Pelczynski, Virginia Certified Home Inspector
I enjoy what I do. I love crawling around in attics and crawl spaces. I can remember spending summers at my grandparent’s house outside of Baltimore, Maryland and always getting into trouble because I was poking around where they didn't want me. Even today, as a certified home inspector, I find myself looking forward to inspecting (exploring) the areas of a home many people never see and never want to see.
My inspection process not only includes the review of the home and its major components but also educating you and providing useful and practical information on the care and maintenance of your investment. Additional services include Radon gas testing through Envirolabs.
My Promise to You,
Choosing the right home inspector can be difficult. Unlike most professionals, you probably will not get to meet me until after you've hired me. Different inspectors have varying qualifications, equipment, experience, reporting methods and pricing. One thing I know for sure is that a home inspection requires work, a lot of work. Ultimately a thorough inspection depends heavily on the individual inspector's own effort. If you honor me by permitting me to inspect your new home, I guarantee that I will give you my very best effort.
My qualifications include:
- Virginia Certified Home Inspector (#3380 000502)
- Member, in good standing, of the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI #251682)
- Active member of the local Northern Virginia ASHI Chapter NOVA-ASHI
- Member of the Independent Home Inspectors of America
- Exceed the yearly 24 continuing education hours required by ASHI and the state of Virginia by attending peer training, seminars, conferences, and online.
- Graduate of the ASHI School of Home Inspector Training.
- Passed the National Home Inspector Exam
- Follow the ASHI Standards
- Abide by the ASHI Code of Ethics
- HOKIE, 1988 alumni of VA Tech's College of Agriculture and Animal Sciences
- Presenter at VDHA first time home buyer seminars provided by aHome and HCSNV
Northern Virginia Realtor, T. Harsh of Centreville, VA requested inspections for her many rental properties as it was difficult for her to access all of the areas needing review. In addition to the inspection of her rental homes, I inspected her six group homes, Laura's Houses, provided by The Brain Foundation. I was able to identify several conditions which were immediately corrected to provide healthier environments for the inhabitants.
Call me 703.407.6860 and let me take care of your home inspection needs.